Monday, March 12, 2007

Let's Kill Something Together

You know your culture has failed at creating an effectively menacing weapon when said weapon becomes a children's toy many years later. I'm looking at you boomerangs. Seriously Australia, was that the best you could do?

On a related bent (I think that means tangent) it's kind of scary when some of the most frightening instruments of death your culture produces happen to be next to the flower wallpaper and bath fixtures at Home Depot. Hammer-drills for instance. Reciprocating saws too. Bolt cutters. Home Depot is like a toy store for vikings. Sometimes me and my Dad go there and run around with drywall hammers pretending to be Indians.

Now that's fun for the whole family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also love this one...so true and people never think about it. The other day I went on a plane with chapstick in my pocket. Chapstick that was supposed to be less than 3 oz and in a plastic bag and I snuck in with it. Imagine if I were a terrorist the horror I could have caused!